FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Can you help me with a custom order?

I am always happy to alter a design if I have the materials and am able - please get in touch!

What size jewellery for my piercing?

It can be difficult to know which size to buy if you are unfamiliar with piercing jewellery. If you still have your original jewellery in your piercing, you can go back to your piercer or get in contact with them to find out the size used, which will help give you an idea of which size is best for you. 

If you are unsure what size jewellery you need and can't get in contact with your piercer then please do not hesitate to contact me (using the contact form on the contact page linked at the bottom of every page) and I will do my best to help figure out the correct size for you. Every person is different and every piercing is different, the size depends on the shape of the body part and the position of the piercing.

Do you accept returns?

I am happy to accept returns on unused and unworn items, returned in their original condition. The buyer is responsible for return costs as we are currently a small business and unable to offer free returns at this time.

What is bioflex or bioplast?

Bioplast/Bioflex body jewellery is a flexible alternative to metal. Bioflex components are made from a biological plastic formulated to have no reaction in the body. Bioflex is hypoallergenic and does not irritate the skin, making it an ideal choice for people with sensitive skin or metal allergies. If your piercing has become inflamed or irritated due to impact, lower quality jewellery or a reaction, switching to Bioflex can aid healing. The softness of Bioflex an also reduce the risk of gum recession and tooth damage with lip piercings.

What is Sterling Silver?

Sterling Silver is a metal alloy made up of 92.5% pure silver. The remaining 7.5% is made up of suitable materials including copper, which increase the hardness of the metal. Pure silver is too soft to make jewellery out of in most cases and the durability of Sterling Silver makes it an ideal material choice.

Why is my silver turning black?

The chemical compound of sterling silver means that it can naturally tarnish (oxidise) in the right conditions, but don't worry, in most cases cleaning the silver jewellery will bring it back to its former shiny self!

Essentially, tarnishing is due to gasses in the air, chemicals found in the body, or skin and haircare products reacting with the Sterling Silver. Tarnishing can be caused by many different things and is often difficult to pinpoint the exact reason your silver jewellery has turned black. 

Sterling silver will tarnish if it is subjected to enough salt either from your body or sea water for example. Wearing silver jewellery in chlorinated swimming pools is not recommended.
Avoid contact with household cleaning products, cosmetics, sunscreen, and especially cleaning products containing zinc oxide, bleach, ferric oxide, titanium dioxide, or calamine. If your jewellery comes into contact with any of these chemicals, rinse the jewellery thoroughly in water, dry and then buff with a silver polishing cloth to bring back the shine.

How do I clean silver jewellery?

The quickest and easiest way to clean silver jewellery is using a special polishing cloth which you can usually purchase from any reputable jeweller shop. Polishing cloths last a long time and it is as simple as rubbing the cloth over your jewellery to bring it back to a nice high shine. If your jewellery is very badly oxidised and a cloth is unable to remove all the oxidised patina then other cleaning methods such as a liquid dip may be more suitable, but generally a cleaning cloth will be suitable in most cases.

Any other care tips for silver jewellery?

When you store your silver jewellery, I recommend keeping it in a sealable, airtight plastic bag in a jewellery box to reduce the probability of tarnishing. Jewellery that has been left out in the open air or exposed to sunlight is very likely to tarnish/oxidise.